Intended to keep things cool, the system was instead malfunctioning as a result of reduced airflow. This had resulted in the condenser unit failing, causing the system to cease working. After assessing the situation carefully, we determined that de-commissioning, removing, and relocating the unit externally was the solution.
While the system was offline, we used our own rental/portable air con unit to keep the server room cool. The unit was relocated and installed externally with all services and electrical supply re-routed. By the end, we’d managed to provide a complete service, installing and re-commissioning the unit without having to replace any of the existing equipment.